As a SUPS member, you would:
- Be recognized as a select group of physicians trained in surgical prosthetic urology
- Keep up to date on the existing and emerging issues in prosthetic urology
- Receive patient referrals (driven to Society members/Centers of Excellence across the country for treatment)
- Be invited to participate in clinical studies and special projects (i.e. Product development, proctoring physicians, patient and physician speaking engagements)
- Provide the surgical direction for best-in-class clinical outcomes
- Networking opportunities with SUPS members and other experts in the field of male prosthetics
- Your own SUPS member ID for access to the SUPS website and its members-only section
SUPS seeks to maintain the highest professional standards in every aspect of its endeavors. The Society intends to achieve a leadership presence in scientific and public arenas concerned with the surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence. To these ends, SUPS maintains liaisons with the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA).
Quality Health Care Standards
Setting professional standards in a new and rapidly evolving field of health care, SUPS seeks to promote the highest possible quality of health care for patients with erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence.
SUPS recognizes the cultural and emotional implications of erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence and its treatments. Concerned with the misinformation that is evident about the benefits of urological prosthetic surgery, SUPS strives to educate patients, primary care physicians and non-prosthetic urologists about the life-enhancing benefits of urologic prosthetics.
Continuing Medical Education and Science
SUPS fosters excellence in the continuing medical education available to surgical prosthetic urologists. SUPS focuses in partnerships with urology residency programs and funds fellowships in surgical prosthetic urology throughout the US.